I have always admired and loved all the ”makes” by Tim Holtz and his special makers! This weekend I finally gave it a try for myself!
OH WHAT FUN! AND ADDICTING!!
Over the last year and a half I have gotten things here and there for this but I picked up the Simon Says Stamp Limited Edition HALLOWEEN MIXED MEDIA Kit Bundle. It is a HUGE box of Ranger and Tim Holtz goodies.
Contents include: (bolded items used)
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Label Tape
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Creepy Eyes
1 Tim Holtz Idea-ology Laboratory Vial
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Snippets Ephemera Pack TH94056
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Boneyard findings
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Silver Stencil Chips
1 roll of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Plain Collage Paper
1 Tim Holtz Idea-ology Thimble
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Foundry Adornments
1 roll of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Collage Paper
1 sheet of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Remnant Rubs
2 wooden spools
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Warm Kraft Stack
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Butterfly Design Tape
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Paper Dolls
1 Tim Holtz Idea-ology Vignette Divided Box with 3 removable dividers
1 one ounce jar of Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Grave Texture Paste
1 one ounce jar of Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Crypt Grit Paste
1 Simon Says Stamp Ultra Smooth Craft Glue Stick
1 yard of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mustard Velvet Trim
1 yard of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Rust Velvet Trim
1 yard of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Yellow Velvet Trim
1 package of Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Ink 4.25 x 5.5 inch Foil Tape Sheets
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Transparencies
1 roll of 0.25 inch Simon Says Stamp Redline Tape
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Ephemera TH94151
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Mini Flair
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Bubbles
1 Tim Holtz Idea-ology Vignette Coffin
1 roll of Tim Holtz Ledger Fabric Tape
A bundle of Reindeer Moss
I looked through it all and began my creating.
From the contents of the kit I got out the bones, the tomestones I already had, the mummy cloth, the paper dolls, the collage paper, etc. I started laying out what I wanted before I did anything then started actually doing.
- Cut two pieces of plain collage paper to fit the casket top and bottom and crinkled them up to give them some texture
- Sprayed each of the pieces with Mica Sprays…Empty Tomb, Bubbling Cauldron, and Hocus-Pocus
- Added Grave paste and Crypt paste to the outsides of the casket in random fashion and let dry overnight as well as a bit of Crypt to the two tombstones I had from before
- Used Distress Collage Medium to paint the flat insides of the top and bottom of the casket then added the sprayed pieces of collage paper to the back. I thought about cutting it down but decided to just paste the sides in a rough manner to add more texture.
- I wrapped one of the paper dolls with the mummy cloth and glued it down, taking a black alcohol marker to make the eyes
- Picked out a couple of the little Ephermera to add to the back of the coffin and glued them down with Distress Collage Medium
- Glued the mummy down with some Gina K Connect glue
- Added the tombstones and bones with the help of a hot glue gun
- Cut out the Happy Halloween from the Spellbinders die from a year ago and offsetting the red metallic paper with white for dimension
- Took a piece of twine and wrapped it arount the thumb of the zombie hand and dangled a glow in the dark spider
- Added glow in the dark spider web above the hand
- Glued everything in place and then some green Reindeer Moss
This MIXED MEDIA kit is loaded with so many other goodies that I’ll keep going. I LOVE IT and it was easy to do overall. I was just always to afraid to try them thinking they would not ever come out looking good. I was wrong! If you have the kit…go make something. If you don’t have the kit…go get it!
(This is not an affiliate link…just a link to SSS)
Happy Halloween friends. I’ll be back when I play some more with this kit!
Hope you have as much fun as I did putting this together!
HERE’S SOME ADDITIONAL MAKES FROM THE KIT –with a little help from the dollar store.
Have a Spooktacular Day!